Tuesday 17 January 2012

Breakfast in London

 

I made this card last  summer, for the WholePort competition. I find out about them from Ann Martin and wanted to give it a shot. So, WholePort wanted us to make something out of their paper. I received this beautiful, soft origami paper from Hong Kong. I was so excited!


As a child, I was no more then 10, I played a lot with textile ( fabrics ). My mother allowed me to use her new sewing machine. Out of her old dresses from the late sixties, I made a skirts for myself.

My first job was to sew clothes. As a teenager I worked for a lady who was so nice to me all the time.
So those papers reminded me on fabrics and I wanted to "sew" a paper card. A card is not too big, 15.5cm X 7.0cm X 2.0cm.


Something about it reminded me on early morning, well no too early, clock shows it's 10:05 am, but cozy, girlish little room somewhere in London. That's where the title comes from. I wanted to add a small cup, teapot with cookies and an open book. I had so little time to make it so I still find it unfinished. I also wasn't satisfied with my curtains and wanted to make it right but my daughter decided it was hers and took it into her room so I had no authorities any more.

17 comments:

Szalonaisa said...

Absolutely fantastic!! Love the pots with tulips and clock!!

SUGANTHI said...

You have the best ideas. Charming!!!

chillin with Quillin said...

this is awesome, love it!!!!
Paula

Artes de Nágela said...

Fantastic work!
I love the papers!

a paper {life} said...

Oh Suzana...it is adorable right down to the time on the clock. What a great way to start my day.

Ann said...

I'm so glad to see you participated in the WholePort competition! Beautiful papers and your little room is very dear and it's sweet your daughter adopted it.

Regina said...

Suzanna!!! What can I say??? I love it!! It´s absolutely adorable!!!
Have a great week!!!

Soraya said...

impressive!

Antonella said...

What a beautiful scene - I am imagining sitting there enjoying a nice cup of tea!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Pritesh Dagur said...

It is SOOOO adorable Suzana! You never run out of ideas for making us go WOW! I love the little clock and the lamp the best :)

Baukje said...

Brilliant!
Greetings Baukje

Unknown said...

It looks so cute..

Nati said...

adorable!!
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Teddie Seeley said...

Lol, well we know who runs your house, how cute.

lulu_ma said...

I'm giving you the Liebster Blog Award in my latest blogpsot. (Although I believe you must have a lot of followers already)

aureliaeugenia said...

Nice to meet you and your fantastic creations !
All the best,
aureliaeugenia

Sathya said...

Wow.......Stunning...Best ideas and perfect execution....